An outdoor granite kitchen countertop is a wise investment for all those in Nashville who love a good BBQ – and that’s pretty much all of us! These summertime outdoor tables help make an outdoor space more inviting than any plastic table ever could. The problem, of course, is that Mother Nature isn’t so clean, and your friends may make a mess or two!
Outdoor granite kitchen countertops can not be cleaned with the same cleaners as are used on formica, or other similar kitchen countertops. Here is what you need to do to clean your outdoor granite kitchen countertops properly.
How to clean outdoor kitchen countertops
Cleaning your outdoor kitchen countertops after a big Nashville style BBQ party is easier than you think:
- Take a plastic bowl or pail and fill it with 1 quart of warm water. Then add 1 tsp of any mild liquid detergent. Make sure that this detergent doesn’t contain any bleach at all. Mix these two together and get them nice and sudsy.
- Take a microfiber rag and dip it in the water. Wipe the surface of your outdoor granite kitchen countertop in an effort to take off the bulk of the dirty materials. Rinse the rag repeatedly, change the water if it gets dirty. This method is looking to disinfect by removing pathogens, dirty water puts those pathogens back on again.
- Rinse the rag out thoroughly with warm water, getting out all the soap. Wipe your outdoor granite kitchen countertop with fresh water – no soap. This is when you’re trying to remove any soap residue that will dull the shine of your countertop.
- Use a dry terry cloth towel to completely dry off the countertop surface.
- Periodically replace step one above with a soap that is meant specifically for cleaning outdoor granite kitchen countertops. You can find these at nearly any hardware store in the Nashville area.
What not to use on your outdoor granite kitchen countertops
The following three items are acidic, anything acidic should not be used on outdoor granite kitchen countertops:
All three of these are equally harmful to an outdoor granite kitchen countertop as they can etch the surface and dull the shine!
To learn more about outdoor granite kitchen countertops, including what is available right here in Nashville, contact the team here at Stone World.